RIVERSIDE'S SECOND PROGRESSIVE COCKTAIL PARTY OF 2016
VOC EDITION: SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 2016
Tickets are on sale now (and only a handful remain available)!
Click HERE to buy today.
RIVERSIDE'S PROACTIVE REZONING
Councilmember Felicia Moore and the Riverside Neighborhood Association, Inc. in conjunction with the City’s Office of Planning will hold a series of meetings with residents, property owners and other stakeholders to develop specific strategies and recommendations to address land use, zoning, urban design, open space, transportation and the environment in order to promote quality growth and improve transportation while protecting adjacent existing residential neighborhoods.
The recommendations from the Bolton/Moores Mill LCI, Atlanta BeltLine Master Plan: Subarea 8, Connect Atlanta Plan, Cycle Atlanta Plan and community stakeholders will be implemented through the rezoning of the properties along the Bolton Road, Hollywood Road and Main Street corridors. As this process is completed, we hope the proactive rezoning will serve the following purposes for the Riverside Neighborhood:
1) Encourage the preservation of existing neighborhood scaled and neighborhood oriented businesses by rezoning those businesses to a compatible zoning district.
2) Provide the Riverside Neighborhood with the opportunity to have commercial nodes that have an appropriate balance, scale and mix. These commercial nodes should be within convenient walking distance of one another and meet the needs of nearby residents.
3) Provide for a pedestrian-oriented environment by minimizing the conflict between pedestrians and vehicles, providing pedestrian-oriented street-level uses, sufficient sidewalk widths, adequate visibility from adjacent buildings and primary pedestrian access from buildings to adjacent sidewalks.
The following is our tentative schedule:
March 15, 2016 ‐ RNA Meeting ‐ discuss reasons and principles for the rezoning (See objectives presented above).
April 19, 2016 ‐ RNA Meeting ‐ present map of proposed parcels to be rezoned (Map presented at April RNA Meeting is below).
May 17, 2016 ‐ RNA Meeting ‐ present proposed zoning changes & conditions
After the May meeting, Councilmember Moore will assess the need for any future neighborhood meetings if there are lingering concerns/issues. Once the neighborhood has voted on the rezoning, the rezoning legislation will proceed to NPU‐D, the Zoning Review Board, the City Council’s Zoning Committee, and then the full City Council.
If you have questions or concerns, please plan to attend RNA's May monthly meeting on May 17th at 7:00 pm at the Fire Station #28.
The 3rd annual riverside runs hollywood was a huge success! thank you to everyone who sponsored, volunteered and participated in the race and post-5k block party.
- April 26th, 7:30 pm - NPU D's April Meeting, AGAPE on Bolton Road
- April 30th - Riverside's Progressive Cocktail Party - VOC Edition. Buy your tickets today!
- May 17th, 7:00 pm - RNA's May Meeting, Community Room at Fire Station #28
- May 21st, 10:00 am - RNA Clean-up/Beautification Day - Fire Station # 28
See the Riverside Calendar for a full listing of events.
Join the Riverside Security Patrol today!
SHOW YOUR RIVERSIDE PRIDE
Check out our new line of clothing and accessories. To view all of our products or to make a purchase, click here to visit our Zazzle store. A portion of each purchase benefits the Riverside Neighborhood Association, Inc.